Thursday, February 28, 2013

Why I Blog About The Dr. Oz Show


Why do I feature Dr. Mehmet Oz so much in my blogs and tweets? Because the man is worth it. He's intelligent, personable, and entertaining. The ladies like his looks. Me, yeah, he looks okay but I like the fact that he knows what he is talking about.

My first time seeing Dr. Oz was on the Oprah Winfrey Show. He was a well-spoken, intelligent man who was confidant and passionate about his topics. I am into improving my own health. I have a lifetime of poor habits to break. And Dr. Oz makes it easier to watch what could be very dry subject matter by being entertaining while being informative.
Borrowed from Pinterest

Dr. Oz uses humor, members of his audience, and featured guest experts to put on quite a show. His props are first rate. Some of his demonstrations use everyday, ordinary items while at other times he uses great videos and animations to make his point.

What really catches your eye though are some of the mock-ups Dr. Oz uses. The over-sized ones are fantastic. I wonder if he uses such props in teaching medical students? I can picture him being a very effective educator.

Have I mentioned Dr. Oz's manner of speach? His pronunciation is clear and his accent is very slight. Most may not even notice it but being a Southerner, I do detect it. Not a New England or New Yorker accent but almost. Sounds like a mid-west meets east coast kind of accent. Of course my accent is more than noticeable. Just pointing out he has a pleasant voice for presentations and television.



The point I am attempting to make here is that Dr. Oz is a knowledgeable and entertaining presenter of medical knowledge. His knowledge appears impeccable and his research extensive. His manner is easy going and friendly while his confidence instills trust that here is a doctor who knows patients and is concerned for them.

I have learned much from watching The Dr. Oz Show. I believe my health today is better because of what I have learned from his shows. The information he disseminates is intended to be informative and entertaining but in no way should be used to replace your personal physician.

You should always consult your own doctor before making any major alterations to your lifestyle. Luckily my doctor has already recommended exercise and a heart healthy diet for me. So I am starting out slow and utilizing the information and plans available on The Dr. Oz Show website as well as the RealAge site which is linked from the top of the Dr Oz site.

A couple of the health tips from his shows that I use on a regular, if not daily, basis involve the use of a neti pot, or nose bidet, and Dr. Oz's idea of an easy healthy breakfast - a fruit smoothie. The neti pot has helped alleviate my chronic sinus problems which may be linked to my use of a bipap breathing machine for my sleep apnea. And the fruit smoothies are just plain tasty as well as being healthy. I will have to blog more on these two topics later.

For now, I hope you all find The Dr. Oz Show as entertaining and informative as I do. Don't forget to check out his past episodes and the vast store of medical information available on his site. For now, enjoy your life and your health.


Demonstration of the use of a neti pot.




No comments:

Post a Comment