Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Getting Fit . . . and Staying Healthy

OK, this is my true goal.  Get fit and healthy, and stay there.  Is it easy?  Heck no!  I tend to be lazy in these areas.  I have a true interest in health.  Really.  I listen to health news and watch shows on health and read some about these subjects online.

I'm not into crazy fads and listening to people rant about health issues.  I want facts.  That's the way I am.  And that is what I hope to bring to the table in this blog of mine.  The facts and nothing but the facts.  At least how I see them.  I have a straight-laced, no nonsense approach to life.

I'm a technical type and like to do my own research.  So that is what I'll cover here.  Some research, and some opinion.  Not only mine, but that of others.  Whatever I feel lends relevancy to the topic on hand.

I may wander a bit.  Meander really.  But I hope to make a point in each posting.  And make one that makes sense to people.  And, hopefully spark a conversation or two.  So feel free to add your two cents worth.

Now I admit, I may come off a bit biased in some cases.  (Aren't we all -- biased in our own way?)  But will strive to stick to the facts.  And of course, my own commentary will be thrown in.  My own observations, as you will.

I will also include findings (research) with links to what I have found.  I won't always agree with the links I provide and will include commentary to that effect.  Discussion is good.  The best way to learn in my opinion. Get a dialogue going.   Hash it all out.  Start some controversy and get the ball rolling.  You get the idea?

And I'm sure after a few posts, everyone will see that I like to watch The Dr. Oz Show.  I'll admit a certain bias here.  His show IS entertaining.  But for me, the real draw is that he covers relevant, timely topics in an intelligent, informative way.  The man does his research, and brings in experts to back him up.

Dr. Oz isn't about his opinion and some weird pseudo science (like some of the odd-ball diets out there).  He brings into play the science and research concerning health issues, debunks commonly held ideas that may be erroneous, and does it in an entertaining way.  What else can you ask for in a TV show on health?

I'll also be bringing in the opinions of others.  Some of these I won't be agreeing with.  And others I may only partly agree with.  A prime candidate here would be my wife.

She is a lovely, intelligent woman.  Not the book smart type (that's me), but a down-to-earth, common sense type of person (she is).  She reads (books), but only when it is extremely interesting to her.  She prefers conversation.

She is always chatting with friends, family, and acquaintances, online and on her cell phone.  A very sociable person, she is.  And I love her for it.  She is the Yin to my Yang.  Opposites we are but very complimentary to each other (as far as talents go).  Follow along and you'll see what I mean.

I definitely will wander around a bit.  Especially on health issues.  So I will be covering a lot of topics concerning getting fit and healthy.  And staying there.

I have to get fit.  I know this.  But it isn't always easy.  Too many distractions in life.  So, I hope I can interest a few people in following along on my journey and, hopefully, maybe even influence a few.  Positively influence that is.

Wishing life, happiness, and prosperity to all, till we meet again.     (I know.  It's a bit cheesy.)

No comments:

Post a Comment